Would you like to help meet the needs of internationals? Network of Nations desire is to help meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of internationals by extending hospitality and practical assistance, and offering them a caring community for friendship and cross-cultural understanding. If you would like to volunteer to help meet these needs, you will find a variety of opportunities noted below.
Just send us a message at this link and let us know your area of interest.
Provide a first face of America for internationals
These team members are the first face of God’s love, our country, and Network of Nations
• Pick up internationals arriving each semester at O’Hare or Midway Airport
• Assist new international students to get acclimated to life in the U.S. soon after their arrival
• Meet and greet new students at the NIU International Student Orientation Fair
Provide a place where people of all backgrounds can meet to build impactful relationships
The Network of Nations Intercultural Café meets every Friday evening. Americans are able to make impactful relationships with internationals as they show them God’s love in friendship and hospitality.
• Provide food as an individual or as a church
• Assist as part of the kitchen team. Help in set up prior to the Café or clean up afterwards.
• Spend time with internationals to show them love and hospitality.
Provide internationals with the skills needed to succeed in their academic studies, and make them feel more at ease speaking American English
Improving English language skills is often one of the most important needs for internationals and a great open door for building relationships
• Lead an English conversation class on Friday before the Café
• Become an English Conversation Partner with an international on a weekly or twice a month basis – flexible schedule with a one-hour commitment
WOMEN’S SUPPORT GROUP
Create a loving environment for international women in need of community
The women’s support group usually meets twice monthly to befriend international women and provide encouragement and support.
• Women to provide care as support group leaders
• Individuals to provide food, drink, and sometimes transportation
• Child care
PRAYER AND FINANCIAL PARTNERS
Provide the support needed for Network of Nations to impact internationals’ lives
Network of Nations depends on faithful people who are willing to commit to supporting our work in prayer and giving. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and are funded entirely by donations and contributions from individuals, local church partners, and grants. Your financial contributions are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible.
• Commit to prayer for the work of Network of Nations
• Commit to regular giving to Network of Nations
• Commit to a one-time gift to Network of Nations
Financial contributions can be made by sending a check to Network of Nations at 530 W. State St., Sycamore, IL 60178 or by going to the Network of Nations website and clicking on the “Donate” button.
Provide an opportunity for interested internationals to explore God’s Word
Many internationals have a desire to learn more about the Bible. Bible studies can be provided for interested internationals, and Bibles in their own language can be made available.
• Lead a Bible study with interested internationals
• Help fund the purchase of Bibles in multiple languages for interested internationals.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO GET PLUGGED IN
• Assist Network of Nations in a variety of other ways to help meet the need of internationals
• The need for volunteers is vast, varied and growing. We need individuals who are able to give of their time in a variety of ways to help bolster what we do now, and in the future to meet the needs of internationals.
• Special events helpers and coordinators
• Individuals to act as liaisons between their church and Network of Nations
• Child care